If you've been following my words, thanks a lot. I really appreciated writing Historias da Lawrence University and I definitely learned a lot. Now let me introduce you to my new blog: Rebecca Carvalho. I hope I'll see you there.

sexta-feira, 1 de abril de 2011

It's Early in the Morning and I Can't Sleep

Seriously, why? Why can't I simply be one of those people who fall asleep a minute after they are in bed? Sometimes I wish my mind wouldn't wander away like this, but it's 6:24 a.m. and here I am thinking about writing. I thought a great deal about what my day was like yesterday (and I must add it wasn't one of my favorite days), but I suppose I am mostly getting distracted with ideas.

I need to continue a story I started last summer, otherwise my fountain of imagination will start overflowing and that could cause serious damage. The writing of it was so demanding and so psychologically draining that I had to abandon the project for a few months and engage in different 'adventures'. That other plot demanded a lot more from my ability to live through my characters. I suppose my previous characters, although interesting to me, perhaps were a little flat. This other work I mentioned, though, required a lot more thinking and feeling than I was accustomed to.

I wish I could tell you more about it, but I still am the same self-conscious being you've met. I need to do some serious writing and then editing before I let you hear this story. For now, if you please, would you wish me good luck? I've engaged in numerous writing projects and I am asking God for a chance to succeed in at least one of them.

Have a great weekend and good luck with your endeavors you too!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário